Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mother's Day craft - Part 1

This will be a two-part post since I have two crafts to show everyone. I did both of these crafts with my scout troop. The girls ranged in age from kindergarden to 3rd grade and all loved it.
 
Mother's Day Flower
 
 
Sweet, simple, and cost effiencient.
I started out in microsoft word (any word/drawing program will do) and made the stem. This was done by drawing a long rectangle. The leaf is two archs put together. I also added a large circle at the top to glue the petals to. I printed these on card stock and got two per page.
Next I drew some hearts slightly elongated for the petals and a smaller circle for the center. I fit 7 hearts and the circle per page which makes one flower. I did this on card stock too, just to make things stronger.
 
Now it's the kid's turn to do all the work!
 
I had the girls write on the hearts what they love about their mom. I gave them all the sharpies I could find in the house to do this so it was something very special...to get to use a sharpie. Then I had them color and cutout the flowers.
I put on the glue and they did the rest. Wala, mother's day flowers.
 
This craft allowed the girls to practice all of their fine motor skills and have something to be proud of afterwards. I didn't help them at all (even with spelling). Each one is unique to that child. We have one girl that is younger so she wrote a few words then drew pictures on the rest of her petals. As an afterthought I should have put magnets on the back so they would have been fridge ready.
 
From our house to yours, Mary
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment