Thursday, December 6, 2012

Apple Turnovers

These are super simple and very good. They will make your guest or family think you spent forever in the kitchen when it only takes a few minutes. They are better hot but still good when cooled. I took them to a leader's meeting for Girl Scouts along with pigs in a blanket.
 
Ingredients: Cresent rolls, brown sugar, apples, apple pie spice (opt)
 
 
Unroll the cresent rolls, put the brown sugar on the rolls. Peel and slice the apple. Put one slice per roll on the small end. Start rolling...starting with small end till apple is completely covered. Make sure all ends are completely sealed or your brown sugar will leak out during cooking. Put on slightly greased cookie sheet and sprinkle apple pie spice on top. Bake at 350deg till golden brown.
 
If your sugar leaks out I suggest you getting them off the pan before they cool, it is much easier. Put on a wire rack to finish cooling.
 
I didn't peel the apple on the first set I made and did on the second. Difference...easier to eat (bite into) without the peel.

 
I used Granny Smith apples and they were not tart in this dish. I used them because it was what I had on hand. Use whatever you like or have on hand.
 
Hope you enjoy and are having a wonderful Christmas season!
From our kitchen to yours, Mary
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment