Sunday, January 13, 2013

Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake

My mom makes this and there is nothing better than this topped with a scoop of ice cream. It has easy ingredients that most folks have around the house. I'm not a fan of recipes that have alot of ingredients, I lose interest very quickly.
 
The recipe card is from my old recipe book that is made of a picture album. You can just slide the cards into place and take them out then you want to use them. I now prefer using a 3-ring binder since you can type the recipes up and print them out on regular paper but I still use this one too. As I get older there is something about looking back at the handwritten recipes and seeing the ideas of my mom and grandmother in the pages.
 
 
Ingredients:
1 pkg devil's food cake, 2 pkg (3.9oz each) instant pudding, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 cups cold milk, 1 1/4 cup water
 
Directions:
Prepare cake batter as directed on box. Pour into 9x13 pan.
Mix pudding, sugar, milk, and water. Whisk 2 minutes. Pour over batter.
Place on baking sheet to catch any overflow.
Bake 350degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool 20 minutes to let sauce thicken.
 
From our kitchen to yours, Mary
 


No comments:

Post a Comment