Saturday, January 19, 2013

Spaghetti Casserole

I sat here trying my best to figure out what to post today. I looked through my cookbook, through my pictures, all kinds of ideas come to mind. It snowed here in Alabama Thursday and even though it is all melting today it was fun to watch come down. Of course all the kids have to get out in that wet, yucky mess we call snow. If you are not familiar with our snow it is not a light fluffy snow, it is wet, almost ice.
 
Anyway I choose spaghetti casserole because you can make it and go play with the kids while it finishes cooking or put it in the crockpot and have it ready even later. I've also put it in the crockpot to keep it warm to take to potluck dinners.
 
Ingredients:
7 oz spaghetti cooked
2 lbs cooked beef
1 small chopped cooked onion (opt)
30 oz sauce
2 cups mozzarella
2 cups cheddar
1 can mushroom soup
 
Directions:
Cook first 3 ingredients.
Add sauce to beef.
In 9x13 pan add 1/2 pasta, 1/2 sauce, 1 cup each cheese
Pour soup over cheese and repeat layers.
Cover, Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove cover, add cheese, cook until melted.
 
Enjoy!!
 
From our kitchen to yours, Mary
 

No comments:

Post a Comment