Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Choosing Happy

This post is a little different than my usual ones but something I've been thinking about. I have the weather "station" you see below hanging in my house, it was once my grandmother's. She passed away last November at the age of 96. She lived a long life and saw changes that we only read about in history books. Her life was not always easy, in fact most times it was a struggle in her younger years. I chose to take this little peice out of her house to have in mine because it was something I always saw hanging in her house and makes me think of her every time I walk by it. I didn't realize the lesson it would teach me till I got it home. It reminds me to always choose happy...and here is why.
 
This little station tells you the weather as well as the temp...if it is nice outside you get the kids, if it is bad outside the witch comes out. It has a knob on the back to calibrate it so it will work correctly. When I got home I was trying to calibrate it to no avail. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why it would not work!  Then I discovered the reason...my grandmother had taped it so that the kids stayed out all the time. In her home it was always good weather!
 
How we choose to look at what is going on in our lives dictates how we react to it. Choose to be happy, there are good sides to every situtation...find it.
 
 
From our home to yours, Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment