Monday, August 27, 2012

Smores on a Stick!

Smores on a stick, what a great idea for parties that is much less messy. The combinations are endless for this recipe but here is mine. These make good snacks, can be made for a halloween party, or even a edible craft for kids to help with.

First you need graham crackers, meltable chocolate that will reharden (I used almond bark), and marshmallows. Three easy ingredients and you are the queen of ideas.


Ok, now you have all your ingredients together, put the graham crackers in a zip-lock bag and crush them. I used a rolling pin since it was handy but a can of soup (or whatever) will work. I only used three crackers since I made a small batch.


I used wooden skewers to hold the marshmallows. I broke each skewers in half to make it easier. I also used one of my daughter's cups to put them in whild the chocolate was drying.
I think putting them in a small bucket filled with sand would be cute for presentation at a party.



Melt your almond bark at 30 second intervals in the microwave stirring everytime till it is all melted.  Make sure you try to stir everytime, it will look like it hasn't melted but when you stir it the chocolate will be ready. Also make sure your container is dry, water will make the almond bark burn and clump...making it unusable. And if you over heat it the chocolate will burn. It took my 1.5 blocks about 90 seconds to melt since I had pulled it straight from the fridge.


Dip marshmallows in chocolate and let excess drip off. Roll into graham cracker crumbs.


And.....taaadaaa you have smores on a stick.
As I said I put them in a small cup to let dry.


I didn't want to waste the last little bit of chocolate so I added a few drops of peppermint to it and spread it out on wax paper. Let it dry and you have instant mints when you break it apart into bite size peices.


From our kitchen to yours, Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment