Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chicken noodle stew

Chicken noodle stew is an invention of "what's in the house to throw in crockpot". It cooked in the crockpot and only minimal attention was given it. Great for a busy day and a good comfort food for those days when it's cool and yucky outside.

Ingredients: chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies (I used brocolli, cauliflower, and carrots), chicken (canned works fine), taco mix, and noodles.

I poured the whole box of broth in, added the can of soup and 1 1/2 tablespoon of taco mix. I let that get hot then added in 2 large cans of chicken. If you have some leftovers to use or frozen that works great too. Add in the frozen veggies, no need to thaw or cook beforehand. Let that cook on low for around 3 hrs. or till veggies are soft.

For the noodles I put about 2 cups in a bowl with water and microwaved them for about 8 minutes to get the process started. Then added just the noodles to the crockpot to finish cooking. I let it cook on low for about another hour then turned off and let sit.


Finished product! I added cheese on top. For my bowl I also added some cajun spice. It came out rather thick since the noodle soak up most of the liquid so if you would like it soupier then add more broth.


From our kitchen to yours, Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment